I was reading this months copy of UK Vogue and as usual there is a beauty must have section. They always show these beautiful people with their “Must Have” vanity cases such as Kate Moss with her £455 Anti-Aging cream.
The article got me wondering what “Miss Average” has in her beauty bag.
So here we go these are my beauty must haves
- Ren Ultra Moisture Cleansing Milk (Liz Earl cleanse & polish hot cloth cleanser is a good alternative its just that you can not buy it locally and have to order either directly from Liz Earl or John Lewis.)
- Loreal Revitalift day cream
- Loreal Reviatlift eye cream (Check Boots out they had Loreal Reviatlift on special when I went in the other day.)
- Laura Mercier foundation primer
- Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer
- Bobby Brown Concealer
- Laura Mercier pressed powder
- MAC Bisque eyeshadow
- Laura Mercier eye pencil for the lower lids
- MAC Fluidline for the upper lid
- Laura Mercier mascara
- MAC lip conditioner
- Chantecaille lip chic Amaryllis (Available from SpaceNK) I never used to wear lipstick but I really like this one and it makes me feel more confident.
Having tried quite a few brands including MAC (which is double the price) I have concluded that for the price this is the best eye makeup remover. Check out Boots as it is quite often on offer – last week I brought two for £5.
I really liked the Lipstick Queen pencil in Chase which you can get in SpaceNK but the colour I wanted was out of stock – I am hoping that it comes back in soon.
Periodically I feel guilty about spending too much (as typically everything runs out at once) and I drop a brand. I have however found this to be a false economy as I am always disappointed and usually return to my original brand.
Here are some of my not so good purchases.
Bourjois Liner Pinceau. I found this difficult to apply and generally I ended up applying too much and I felt as if I was trying to join the teenage girls in my classes. If I was about 10years younger it may have been ok.
I also found it made my eyes water and more often than not it had smudged by the end of the day.
I also tried the Liner Feutre once. This was a total disaster and immediately was placed in the bin. This is a felt tip style upper lid liner which I found difficult to control.